Settings for WooCommerce Bookings are all found under Bookings > Settings as of version 1.13.
- Store Availability
- Calendar Connection
Previous to version 1.13x, some settings were located at WooCommerce > Settings.
Store availability rules apply to all bookable products in your store. Configuring these rules is useful if you, for example:
- Have consistent/expected hours of availability (e.g., Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Need to block out a specific date range for all products (e.g., Unavailable for Christmas break)
- Only have availability during specific seasons (e.g., Closed from October – May)
To define a global rule:
- Go to: Bookings > Settings > Store Availability.
- Select Add Range. This adds a row to the table (next step)
- Enter rules using the dropdown menus. Select:
- Save changes.
A hair salon offers one-hour appointments for haircuts and is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with the last appointment at 5:00 p.m. The owner has decided to close the salon for a holiday break between December 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020.
In the Bookings Settings, the following global availability rules are added:
- Time Range (all week): 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days: Monday – Friday; Bookable – Yes
- Range of days: Saturday – Sunday; Bookable – No
- Date range: 2019-12-22 – 2020-01-05; Bookable – No
By default, Store availability rules take priority over product level availability rules and product availability rules take priority over resource priority rules.
- For more information on setting up availability rules, see: Creating a Bookable Product.
- For more examples, go to the other Use Cases.
To control how Bookings displays the timezone to customers:
- Go to: Bookings > Settings > Timezones.
- Tick the box for Enable Bookings Timezone Calculation, if you want Bookings emails and other automatic events to be triggered using the site’s configured timezone. If disabled, events are triggered on UTC time.
- Timezone – Use your visitors’ local time or yours. This only affects bookable products with the booking duration configured to either minutes or hours. Bookable products with the booking duration set to days or months are always displayed in the site’s configured timezone.
- Calendar start day – Use the visitors’ locale or yours. If yours, info is pulled from: Dashboard > Settings > General > Week Starts On. Some countries start the week on Sunday; some on Monday.
- Save changes.
The frontend Bookings calendar displays in the timezone specified: Visitor or yours.
After the booking is made, the time displayed to the customer is in their timezone, including the cart, order confirmation, and reminder emails.
The frontend Bookings calendar displays according to the Start Day specified: Visitor or yours.
WooCommerce Bookings enables one-way or two-way sync with Google Calendar. You need a Google account to use this functionality.
To set this up, go to: Google Calendar Integration.