Direct Bank Transfer, or Bank Account Clearing System (BACS), is a gateway that require no payment be made online.
Orders using Direct Bank Transfer are set On Hold until payment clears outside of WooCommerce.
You, as the store owner, should confirm that payments have cleared bank accounts before processing orders in WooCommerce. It’s important to verify that you are paid before shipping an order and marking it as Processing or Complete.
For more information, see Managing Orders.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Use the toggle under Enable to select Direct Bank Transfer.
- Select Set Up. You are taken to the Direct Bank Transfer settings.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers if they choose Direct Bank Transfer
- Instructions – Explain how to make payment to your bank account(s)
- Account Details – Enter account name and number, bank name, routing number, IBAN and/or SWIFT/BIC numbers shown to customers on the Order Received page and in Order emails after checking out
- Save changes.
Bank account details will show on both the Order Received page and the order email sent to the customer: