In order to run WooCommerce Subscriptions, there are a few requirements that must be in place. This guide lists those requirements to help everything run smoothly. Also take a look at the WooCommerce requirements and server recommendations.
|PHP Version||5.6 or greater, 7.0 or greater recommended|
|MySQL Version||5.6 or greater|
|WordPress Version||4.4 or greater|
|WooCommerce Version||3.0 or greater|
|Cron||Working WP Cron|
|Site URL||Live site served exclusively on one URL|
How to Test WP Cron is Working
As mentioned in the requirements, having a working cron system is important for running Subscriptions. Recurring automatic payments and other functions are dependent on timing-sensitive actions and in order to implement those actions, cron must be working.
In order to test that WP Cron is working:
- On the dashboard, go to Posts > Add New.
- In the Publish box, next to the text that says “Publish immediately,” press the “Edit” link.
- Fields will appear that allow a date to be chosen. Choose a date and time. Click the “OK” button.
- Click the “Schedule” button.
- Make sure that the post was published at or near the scheduled time.
Check out this post for more technical tips for WooCommerce Subscriptions.